Friday, November 11, 2005

Stopping to remember on this day

On this day, I honor the ancestors of blood and spirit who gave of themselves in military duty and lived to tell how it was and reap the benefits alongside those of us who stayed home.

I am able to worship as a pagan because of them.

I am able to speak my mind in a public forum without fear of reprisal because of them.

I have friends and lovers who would not be here otherwise because of them.

My own family lines would not have arrived on this continent were it not for service in the military. And I rather like it here.

All honor to those who served with honor and integrity. May those who malingered and deserted find the fate they deserve. May those who seek to deny the veterans their fair due also find their proper fate. And may the Morrigan continue to watch over her warriors and help the ones fated to die in service to find their proper rest.

No comments: